View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 07:05 AM

About this time, things took a change for the worse. I lost my job. We lived in a small town in NC and there just wasn't anything in my line of work to do. I had to start shopping. I found a job in SC and we packed up and moved. I only got to say goodby to Wilma.

As with any move, it took time to get set up and settled. My new job kept me busy with a lot of working hours. Brenda finally found a job. Time passed by. We didn't know many people. We had been living there for about 6 months now. I made friends with one paticular guy that was a salesman that dropped by where I worked. We found out that we had similar interest. After talking with the wife, I invited him over for dinner.

We had a good evening and the kids didn't seem to drive him crazy. To return the favor, he invited us out to dinner on his tab. Baby sitters in our new location were very hard and expensive to find. At the last minute, our sitter backed out. I told Brenda it was OK if she went by herself. Roger was very surprised but agreed only as long as he was sure I was OK with it. I would stay home with the kids. This was on Saturday night. I gave her a kiss and told her to have a good time.

They arrived back home around midnight. Brenda was a little tipsy. Not much of a drinker. Roger said he was tired and headed back to his motel. I couldn't wait to hear the details of the evening. It had been months since we had any extra fun.