View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treo View Post
anotnia,
This site is just like any other site out there, such as instagram and Flickr. When you post an image its becomes the property of that company. I know instagram and Flickr can actually sell your images without contacting you. You actually give away your rights to the images you post.

It come down to this... content! The larger your content database is the more your company is worth, for the most part that is. It all in the "Fine Print". So it doesn't surprise me that they pull this crap on people. Just dont post stuff tat you might think twice about or boycott the site.

When Instagram or was it Facebook tried to pull something like that, the users rebelled against them and it forced them to change there terms in there users agreement so that the "people" still owned there images.

By the way I would love to see your gallery, your avatar looks so nice.
There are ways around that. I have a girlfriend that post to Instagram all the time. She puts this little "halo" looking thing on her pic that says "Copyright property of" and her name. If they repost it or edit it without her permission she can sue them. She advised me to start using the same thing for my pics here and a few other sites I post to, but I havent yet.